Monday, November 12, 2012

Helpful Brother

Parker LOVES his little sister Kyla.  I can't tell you how grateful that I am for this!  He is such a good helper.  He loves to help change her diaper and her clothes.  He is also wonderful about getting her binky to her when she is crying.  He also LOVES giving her hugs, kisses, and bear hugs.  The first thing he asks every morning is, "Where's Kyla?"  He is such a WONDERFUL big brother!






Also, I just have to say what a joy Parker is to have in our home.  He is learning so much and picks up on things so fast.  (Sometimes a little too fast for his mom's liking...)  However, he is still 2 and we have some rough days.  A few weeks ago after a rough day he asked me to come and lie down next to him in bed "for a few minutes."  So I did.  What a great blessing to me!  I asked him to sing me a song and he immediately picked "I am a child of God."  That was what I needed to end a hard day and remind me how blessed I am to have these wonderful children in my home.  That simple song was such a tender mercy for me.  I am so grateful for my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment